Make US a part of your life: CLICK BELOW to keep up with us

Sneaking around...

I am at work right now. Both of the girls are asleep and it is actually quiet in here, which is weird. The girls' mom went to get her hair done, so I have a minute or two of down time. She said she doesn't mind if I get on the computer when the kids are asleep, but I still feel weird doing it. It's reminds me of when I babysit really late and nobody really expects you to not be asleep when they get home, but you still feel weird having fallen asleep on someone else's couch anyways. It always feels like I have to sneak around, even though I know I don't have to. Do you ever feel that way? It's like when you go to someone's house and they offer you something to eat or drink. How often do you actually say "Yes, please, I would love some"? I mean seriously, most of us would be STARVING or totally DEHYDRATED before even thinking of responding that way. And even then, you take a sip of water or two tiny bites of food, so you don't look like a pig. You know what I am talking about don't you? You're just as guilty, huh? Don't you find that there are always those people that say they are cool with things and may even act like they are cool with things, but you know that they secretly have a problem with it? Have you ever felt that way? It's like you know they are thinking "How dare she! Who does she think she is?" I don't know, maybe it's just me...always paranoid. My husband says that I always think that people are out to get me. Lol! Well, at least with this lady, she really is cool about it. She's a very sweet lady, one I could actually hang out with...outside of work. How often does that happen? People never feel that way about their "boss", so I know she's very likeable. :) But I still feel wierd...

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I am the same way. When I use to baby sit I would stay up until the parents got home because I didnt want to sleep on their couch or be asleep on the "job." I knew I could but I just didnt feel right doing it lol!

Josh and Tiff said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I do that a lot...I will fight it so hard, no matter how tired I am or how late it is. I will actually sleep on a few couches, but only those that I know really well. I'm sure they would all laugh so hard, if they knew all of this. Uh, the etiquette of babysitting...

BPOTW said...

Uh, I'm kind of different. I accept the drink or food because I'm a pig :) And I think about myself: when I offer food or drink I really want people to take it. I want to be hospitable. So...I'm just allowing them to be hospitable right? :)

Thanks for sharing with BPOTW!

Vanessa Rogers said...

yea, I totally get that feeling as well. thanks for sharing.

What do you think? Find YOUR celebrity look-alike...

Wii Fit (don't forget to pause the music at the bottom of my blog)