Make US a part of your life: CLICK BELOW to keep up with us

??? Mystery of Man...

Today has been a really good day. I got to relax a little, but also ran some errands, did some grocery shopping, cleaned up the house, and started to mow the grass. I say "started" because not long after my husband got home he took over the lawnmower. Then, he took over the seed thrower thingy. Then, he set up the sprinkler, did the edging, trimming, blowing, etc. I don't know what it is with guys that makes them have to take over with stuff like this. Maybe they can't stand to see a woman doing their "manly" job...probably because they think we won't do it as well as them. In this case, I think Josh just really wanted to do it. You see, this is only our second time to mow the yard at our new house and we've never had a yard to tend to before. Plus, we got that brand new lawnmower and other yard equipment that actually make it kinda fun. Call us crazy, but we actually like to care of our yard. We are especially excited about it right now since Spring is so near. We have the biggest yard in the neighborhood and now we want to have the best yard on the block. Back to the main point....
Today really has been a good day. Nothing too fantastic happened, but it's just been all around good. Did I mention I actually went tanning today? Those of you that know me well will be proud. Those of you that don't...that's a story for another time.
We just had dinner not long ago. We had pork chops, rice a roni, and broccoli. Oh, and some AWESOME strawberries! Which, btw, are 3/$5 at Publix right now. Oh, and the cantaloupes are 2/$3 and the milk is 2/$5. I am always looking for good deals, so I thought I would help you out a little too. Okay, so seriously...I am TOTALLY rambling again! I can't really stay on topic...ever. It drives Josh crazy! I was joking with him and his dad the other day about that. It's funny how guys and girls are so different. We went out that day looking at guns in pawn shops and stuff. We went to a ton of different pawn shops and gun stores and even stopped for a long lunch. The whole mission of the day was to return Josh's gun that had messed up and to look for a good gun to replace it with. So, needless to say, that was the ONE topic of discussion allllll day! I swear guys have the biggest ONE-TRACK minds! The WHOLE day, I kid you not, that's alllll they talked about. What guns they liked, which ones they didn't, why they did or didn't like them...how much such-and-such gun costs at Billy Bob's compared to how much it costs at Billy Joe's...arguing about whether a .410 is the best option of a rifle, whether a Springfield is better than a Kimber....on and on and on. They talk as much as girls, but completely stay on topic! Knowing me, of course, I was sooo shocked! I mean seriously, how does someone do that? I didn't know it was possible. I mentioned to them how they are so different from girls. I told them that I would have talked about a million, different, random things by then, but they amazed me how they never steered clear of the "mission" for the day. Man, do I envy guys sometimes. If I could stay that focused, no telling what I could get done around the house, how good I would be at Math equations and remembering dates in history, etc. What's so funny, though, is the fact that these are the same creatures that can't stay focused on US for more than 5 seconds without their minds wandering to TEN different things! Hmmmm......The great mystery of man....

5 comments:

Jade Bordeaux said...

I love YARD WORK!
Cantelopes sound reaalllllly good right now, too bad they arent in season..I dont think.HEck, I dont ever know what is in season, so I just go to the farmers market......and its not open yet-SO, they arent in season :D

Julia said...

No,I am sorry to you too Tiffany!! I'm pretty sure that I'm not going through menopause. lol You are so crazy. :P

Serenity said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josh and Tiff said...

I love yard work now too! I don't like it so much when I'm by myself, but with my husband I really enjoy it! I think Cantaloupes may be coming around season now. Not really sure. I don't keep up with this stuff. But I heard from one of my best friends that the ones from Publix are kick butt right now, and they are cheap. That's why I had to get one. OH, I want to go to the Farmer's market! I always beg my husband to go with me, but ours is a little ways away usually, and I can't seem to find a good reason to justify the drive. Do you know when they open? Is there a website or something?

Josh and Tiff said...

Julia, You better be sorry! I know where you live, missy! Well, actually I don't...even though you live practically in the same neighborhood as me. Shows how good of a friend I am. Maybe I should be the one apologizing to YOU! Lol! And btw, I AM pretty sure that you ARE going through menopause. Hey, it could happen! LOL! :)

What do you think? Find YOUR celebrity look-alike...

Wii Fit (don't forget to pause the music at the bottom of my blog)