Make US a part of your life: CLICK BELOW to keep up with us

Hope...

I went to a doctor yesterday that, FINALLY, didn't treat me like I was stupid! I have been having a lot of issues with my body for the last few years, don't know exactly what is wrong, just what symptoms I have...and that I haven't felt like myself in a loooonnnggg time! I was soooo impressed with this place. The receptionist was super nice, the nurse was a sweetheart, and the doctor was awesome too. She actually listened to what I had to say, without cutting me off, acted like she cared, and told me that we WOULD find a way to make me feel better. She put me on three different prescriptions to see if they will help me any and she took some blood to run some tests. I will be receiving a phone call if they find anything with the blood tests, otherwise, I have a follow-up appointment in 6 weeks. She said that if by then I am not improving, she will do some other tests and maybe try some different medicines. I am so glad that I finally found somebody that didn't just say tell me I was fine and send me on my way. This lady understands that what the other doctors have said was "normal" isn't necessarily normal for me. It's been about 3 years since I have had any kind of energy and I am only 22 years old! It was more than 6 months ago that my stomach didn't severely cramp up every day. I have gained over 50 pounds in the last 4 years, without changing my eating/exercising habits, except for the better. I don't eat fried foods (except for beignets like twice a year and french fries maybe twice a month), I don't eat too much food, I don't care much for sweets, and I love to drink water, and to eat fruits and veggies! And my jobs consist of chasing children around all day. Everyone that really knows me wonders why I have been the one to gain all this weight. Nobody knows...not yet. But, yesterday, I had a little glimmer of hope that we may soon find out. :) Those that have been praying for me, please continue to do so. And btw, I have my next pap coming up in June. I still don't know what's going to happen with all of that and to be honest with you, I'm a little scared!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for ya girly!!

You know, it could be a thyroid problem....

Love you!

Josh and Tiff said...

Thank you for your support and your prayers, Alana. And, it's not my thyroid. Every doctor swears that it is, but my blood work says it's fine. That's what is driving me crazy! No one can figure this thing out. :(

Furry Bottoms said...

I truly truly feel this Dr will figure something out. Keep us posted!!

Josh and Tiff said...

Aunt of 14, I am so glad that you have faith in the dr. figuring all of this out. It gives me even more hope to know that. Thank you so much. I will definitely keep ya'll up to date. My next appt. is May 1st. We will see what happens...

What do you think? Find YOUR celebrity look-alike...

Wii Fit (don't forget to pause the music at the bottom of my blog)