Make US a part of your life: CLICK BELOW to keep up with us

Mr. and Mrs. Smith (Aka Collins)

WARNING: This is going to be a long post. I would LOVE for you to read it, but don't say I didn't warn you first! :)

I find it sad when men don't know how to shoot a gun. There's really not too much to it. Focus, relax, control your breath, squeeeeeeeze the trigger. Instead, you go to the range and find these young guys that turn their gun sideways and shoot as fast as they can, many times not even hitting anywhere on the paper of their target. Sad. I thought people only shot like that in the movies. Never have I seen someone actually do that in real life, until Saturday. Wow. I shoot like "Annie Oakley" herself, or so I have heard many times. I have shot a gun less than 10 times in my life, but each and every time I make it count. I always hear men comment on how my husband "better be good", or "look out, a woman with a gun and good aim is a scary thing". I even had a police officer that I was out-shooting BIG time that kept commenting to my husband. He was sooooo shocked to see how I could shoot. And just think, how much practice has HE had?
One of my targets of choice was a big purple, Barnie dinosaur. Soooo. much. fun. I've been wanting to shoot him for so long! :) I started out shooting about 10 rounds right into his nose at about a good 15 feet off. Then, I moved on to his toe nails. I hope it was painful! He deserved every bit of it. After all he has put me through over the years! Thank goodness most children have moved onto the Wiggles or Dorah by now.
Those of you that don't know, Josh used to be on the JROTC at school. He was a freshmen and could outshoot the seniors on the team. He attended many shooting tournaments. I should make him blog all about the details for you. It's really cool.
The two of us together, I think, make a good (and scary) team. :) As we were leaving the range, Josh and I were talking about how HORRIBLE everyone in there shot! And how everyone thought we were just AWESOME! (Which, let me say, we ARE!). Then he goes on to make a comment about how we're like Mr. and Mrs. Smith. HAHAHA! That just tickled me pink to hear that. Lol! Especially since the other day, my best friend commented on how they reminded her of us in that movie. I got such a kick out of that. I guess partially because I could totally see us doing what they did. Well, maybe not killing people. Just the shooting part. I really enjoy shooting and I think everyone should have an opportunity to try it. Especially women. I think that all women should be professionally trained. Jk. Sort of. I have our pistol permit papers filled out. I need to turn them in today and in about 2 weeks we should both be allowed to carry one on our person. I think I might stick to having one locked in my trunk or under my seat in the case? Not sure exactly how I should do it just yet. I do babysit people's children, as you know, so it must be in a very safe spot! Though I don't really drive children anywhere anymore, but still the piece of mind is good for me and the parents. I don't have my pistol yet, but we are browsing around for the one I want. A Kahr pm9. It's pretty. You should "google" it. Until then, I guess my pepper spray will remain my best friend! (Btw, I got mine from academy for about $7 and it's in a pink case, has a glow-in-the-dark trigger, and clips on your key chain. I think it's a good thing for all women to look into)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl!!!
My husband told me your husband was one of the best marksmen that he's ever seen!! And he's trained up a good partner in criiime! (ok, maybe not thaaat exaggerated!! But I'm sure if you're going shooting with Josh, that you're really good at it!)

That's awesome though that you know how to shoot. Jonathan took me once, it was pretty fun. He had me shoot a cologne bottle that he never used....And he gave me step by step on how to shoot!! I was shaking because its scary to shoot a rifle.

He also bought me a rifle before he went to prison. But it's definitely in my dad's closet right now!! LOL

Love you girl!

Josh and Tiff said...

Josh is a FANTASTIC shooter! Seriously! That's cool that Jon took you shooting. We like to take the pistols to shoot. Rifles are okay and fun at the outdoor range sometimes, but we like to do really good with a pistol. It's a little harder. That's cool that he brought you a rifle. Maybe you can pass it on to Talon?

What do you think? Find YOUR celebrity look-alike...

Wii Fit (don't forget to pause the music at the bottom of my blog)